1 of 60, it must be special right?
Chassis number #WDDLJ7DBXCA009002 was delivered in May 2012 and had a sticker price of $85675 USD, some $13.5 K more than standard. The difference between this and the others that were to follow is the extensive list of option packages included. Some of these have the typical Mercedes nomenclature of P1, P33 etc and are all rightfully available packages on their own. This car however also has the Edition one package of P88. A full list of these options is listed below.
It is not known if the first owner who took delivery in Florida actually special ordered these extra items or if it was just some mad German who ticked a bunch of screen options back home. An early VIN serial must suggest the same. Whatever the case may be, we, and hopefully you, are grateful for their efforts.
My wife and I purchased this car from an MB dealer in Illinois while looking for an E63. Recently traded for a new (at that time) CLS it found its way through the dealer network to tropical Chicago where we uncovered it in 2016. After a cursory inspection and some VIN decoding we brought it home to our heated garage and then the detailing began.
The usual one owner signs were there, for example only the drivers seat had appeared to be sat in, blue plastic still covered the sill entry plates, all the books were there and a full set of master keys present. The service history was great and other than some minor cosmetic flaws we were all set.
We have thoroughly enjoyed this car although we don’t drive it as often as we would like as a Range Rover takes the dog carrying commuting duties and honestly brutal winters are not the place for 400 horsepower on big wide tires of any kind! We will replace this guy, and with an AMG product in wagon form – just because.
This list below highlights the package options fitted and we hope you are as surprised as we were.
2012 CLS550 Launch Edition – P88 Package Plus
· Exclusive Tenorite/Steel Grey Metallic Exterior #755
· Porcelain/Black Premium Leather (PL) Interior
· Black Ash Wood
· Aluminum AMG pedals
· Keyless GO
· Larger Capacity Fuel Tank 23.8 Gallons
· Individual Software
· Electronic Trunk Closer
· Full LED BI-Xenon Headlamps
· Adaptive Highbeam Assist with Cornering
· Power Rear-Window Sunshade
· iPod/MP3 Media Interface
· 19″ Anthracite Finish 5-Spoke Wheel with high performance tires (Plus 1 +421)
· Active Multicontour AMG style Driver Seat (+432)
· Heated and Ventilated front Seats
· Rear Side Airbags
· Wood/Leather Multifunction Steering Wheel (+289)
· Heated Steering Wheel (+443)
· Split Folding Rear Seats (+287)
· Active Lane Keeping Assist
· Active Blind Spot Assist
· Parktronic with Active Parking Assist
· Distronic Plus with Pre-safe Brake
· Rearview Camera
· AMG Body Package incl. Front spoiler, Side Skirts & Rear Spoiler
· Illuminated Door Sills (+067)
· Edition 1 Floor mats
· Lane Tracking Package (+993)
· Driver Assistance Package (+997 INCLUDES: Brake Assist With Preview; Collision Warning System, Distronic Plus®; Cruise/Speed Control, Adaptive; Active Seatbelts and Active Brake Lights, Lane Departure Warning System; Overtaking Sensor)